Terms and conditions
The following per-ticket fees apply when booking at our theatre:
All of our ticket prices include a £1.25 per ticket booking fee. The Marlowe Friends do not pay a booking fee.
Schools do not pay a booking fee, if booking in person or over the phone.
An extra charge of £1 applies if you would also like your tickets posted. The Marlowe Friends do not pay a postage charge.
Other terms and conditions:
- Tickets are sold subject to the right of The Marlowe Theatre and/or visiting producer to alter or vary the advertised programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without prior notice and without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
- Ticket reservations can be held for up to four days, or up to seven days before the performance, which ever is the soonest.
- In the event of a performance being cancelled, The Marlowe Theatre will offer ticket holders alternative performances (subject to availability) up to the seat value on the ticket. Alternatively The Marlowe Theatre may issue the ticket holder with a credit voucher for the value of the original tickets to be used at The Marlowe Theatre.
- The ticket holder has a right to a seat of a value corresponding to that stated on the ticket and The Marlowe Theatre reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the ticket if necessary at the Duty Manager’s discretion.
- The Marlowe Theatre will not be liable to pay any ticket holder compensation or damages in this event.
- The Marlowe Theatre will not make refunds for tickets but at the request of the customer it will endeavour to exchange tickets for another performance of the same production (subject to availability and an administration charge).
- The Marlowe Theatre reserves the right not to allow a single seat to be left by customers when they are booking their tickets.
- Once tickets are posted to the ticket holder or collected The Marlowe Theatre cannot be held liable for any tickets that are lost or stolen.
- The Marlowe Theatre from time to time offers promotional discounts or concessions on tickets. Once any ticket is purchased at full price, no discounts or concessions will be made retrospectively.
- Marlowe Theatre gift vouchers are valid two years from the date of purchase and cannot be used after that time period has expired.
- The Marlowe Theatre reserves the right to refuse admission to venues to ensure the safety of its staff and other customers.
- The Marlowe Theatre offers a limited amount of free Lap Tickets for children under the age of 18 months. When these tickets have sold out the customer will have to pay the price of the lowest priced ticket to admit a child under 18 months.
- Every effort to admit latecomers to venue auditoriums will be made at a suitable break in performance; this may however mean the interval.
- Photography, video and sound recording, smoking and the use of mobile phones, pagers and digital watches in venue auditoriums are strictly prohibited and patrons who break this condition or cause any kind of disturbance may be required to leave immediately.
- Eating and drinking is allowed in venue auditoriums but we request that you respect performers.
- The use of laser pointers or similar devices within venue auditoriums is strictly prohibited and The Marlowe Theatre reserves the right of confiscation.
- The Marlowe Theatre and its employees are insured against loss, damage or personal injury through their negligence within its premises but shall otherwise not be liable.
- The Marlowe Theatre may record or take photographs of performances. However, if it does so, it will inform customers as they arrive for the performance.
(The Marlowe Theatre is owned and managed by Canterbury City Council)